Carrot nutrition facts
In the vegetable list, carrot is high valued with rich benefits for both healthy eating and medicine. It is the golden source for poly-acetylene antioxidant, falcarinol, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, carotenes, B complex groups and the minerals such as copper, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, manganese etc.
Many people love to eat carrot in raw because it is crunchy and sweet. Beside, it is chosen to consume also by the nice appearance and great color.
In the kitchens, Carrot is widely used in the long list of recipes included savory dishes and sweet dishes. For sweet recipes, we have carrot cake which is very popular recipe for all.
For savory dishes, we have some stew recipes in which it is a main ingredient. For whom who loves the fried recipes or snack, fried carrot cake is the wonderful choice.
There are the studies related to consuming carrot that each person who eats at least a cup of carrot per week. For whom who focuses in diet plan, it is used more with both cases as juice and salad.
Fried carrot cake ingredients and cooking instruction
Fried carrot cake is easy to do. It is a nice homemade snack especially for the cold season. This type is also enjoyed in the morning for fast and nutritive breakfast.
- 1 egg
- 50 g all purpose flour
- 1/3 tsp of salt
- 105 g carrot, cut in yarns or grated
- 55 g onion, cut in yarns
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- ½ tsp of ground peppercorn
- Vegetable cooking oil for frying
- Dry carrot and then onion.
- Mix carrot, onion, garlic, salt, peppercorn and add flour, mix them well a little by little.
- Beat egg, add it into the dry mixture.
- Blend the mixture well for nice batter.
- Heat the pan with cooking oil. Use a spoon to shape the carrot batter for cakes.
- Fry them in medium heat. Turn the fried cakes if they are golden.
- When the fried cakes are golden both sides, take them out and place them on the cooking oil blotting sheets for absorbing.
- Enjoy this delicious food with your family or friends.
- How to make stir fried fish fillets with tea leaves