Mashed potatoes recipe instruction
Mashed potatoes recipe is widely used in all kitchens in the world. It is so popular by the tender flavor and easy to make. This recipe is considered one of the elements in many families’ menus.
With the creation, there are nice different recipes in which there is used mashed potato as an ingredients contributed to the delicious dishes like fried mashed potato cakes are the example.
- Health benefits of Green tea and how to make matcha Green tea
- Fried carrot cake recipes and carrot nutrition facts
Fried potato cakes and its form
Fried potato cakes have two main forms such as fried and deep fried cakes. Although the mashed potatoes are used in both recipes but fried potato cakes are loved like pancakes and deep fried potato cakes are supposed to be snacks sometimes. And in this article, the recipe of deep fried potato cakes is mentioned.
If in the simple fried mashed potato cakes, there are sometimes many other ingredients such as onion, herbs, egg, even carrot grated or kale finely cut mixed together, deep fried mashed potato cakes are with simple themselves or with the inside made by ground meat or cheese.
The deep fried mashed potato cakes are impressive by the crispy crust. In some case, the herbs are chopped finely and mixed in the mashed potatoes to make the crust to be more fragrance.
Deep fried mashed potato cakes preparation and cooking instruction
Deep fried mashed potato cakes or simple fried mashed potato cakes are the type cakes loved by home chefs. They are also the fried cakes fascinated many people. It is easy also to break down the diet plans to anybody in the case of consuming without control.
Serve: 2 servings
- A pinch of salt
- Cilantro, cut finely or other herbs you like such as thyme, rosemary etc.
- 6 medium baked or boiled potatoes
- Milk for mixing
- 1.5 teaspoon of cornstarch (optional)
- Vegetable cooking oil for frying
Deep fried mashed potato cakes cooking instruction
- Mash the boiled or baked potatoes
- Add milk a little by little to make the mashed potato well. Control the milk and check if the mashed potatoes to be possible to shape by hand.
- Add salt, you can taste if it suits your flavor.
- Add herbs. And then add cornstarch if you love to make sure the cakes are better to be shaped.
- Spoon mashed potatoes, round it or you round it and flatten it a little bit then deep fry. The deep fried time is for some minutes or until the cakes are golden. Take them out and place on the cooking oil absorbent paper.
Other related recipes: