What is Guava juice ?
It is said that there are more than 15 benefits at least from guava and guava juice for our health such as maintain the health of skin; help to protect against prostate cancer, lung cancer, help to control blood pressure, heart beat, etc. The fruit is also used in the diet plan for weight loss. It beside gives the benefits to diabetes because of the rich fiber amount contained.
Guava is one of the tropical fruits with rich nutrients to our health. The fruit is also arranged in the list of super fruit for health and beauty care. It gives the nice aroma when it is ripe. This fruit gives the wonderful juice for drinking especially when it is hot.
Make Guava juice at home
Guava is rich in vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E … and other valued vitamins like thiamin or niacin etc. It is found out the rich minerals contained in this fruit like potassium, copper, iron, phosphorus …
With this huge source of vitamins and mineral, it is easy to understand why the fruit is called one of the supper fruit.
The combination between Guava fruit and others food
It seems that contains the huge source for health the guava, so there is no reasons for us not to consume this fruit. For consuming, it may be used to combine with other fruits in the fruit salad and the juice from it is also to be loved to drink by the aroma and special flavor.
You can find also the slightly sour and acrid flavor in the juice with unripe fruit. The juice is sweeter with the ripe one. In some case, the ripe fruit is used for smoothie.
Beside that, the unripe fruit may be combined with other fruit for mixed juice and the ripe fruit is combined for mixed smoothies.
Preparation and cooking direction
Serves: 2 servings
- A sieve is needed to use in the case of ripe guava
- 4 – 6 guavas (depend on guava size)
- 65 g – 85 g of sugar (optional)
- Cut guavas in pieces, remove the cores.
- Dice the guava pieces for smaller pieces.
- For ripe guava, it is not necessary for adding sugar, and you should sieve the juice before pouring into a glass with ice for serving.
- For unripe guava, add guava into fruit machine for juicing. Add some ice into the juice container to keep fresh color of the juice. Add sugar, stir it and pour into a glass with some ice for serving.