Iceberg lettuce salad with orange sauce is one of the simple recipes which is useful as a cancer fighting recipe. It contains the great green ingredients and citrus sauce that you may make at home any time.
The iceberg lettuce salad with orange sauce may be strange to many people because the orange sauce is used to combine. However the recipe gathers the ingredients which are present in the list of popular cancer fighting recipes such as tomato, celery, garlic etc.
As you know, tomato is one of the very useful ingredient which is used widely in anti cancer diet. Tomato contains the lycopene which is considered the worthy factor for protecting against prostate cancer.
Beside the sauce from orange juice like orange sauce is good for cancer fighting recipe. The citrus fruit in general plays very important role in preventing cancer so it is surely said that the sauce prepared from citrus fruit like orange sauce contributing to cancer fighting recipe is obvious.
Related to flavor, iceberg lettuce salad with orange sauce gives the light taste. Iceberg lettuce is crunchy so it may help to make this cancer fighting recipe to be more pleased while enjoying.
Iceberg lettuce is considered the light green vegetable and it is not so effective like darker green vegetable in cancer fight recipe but this type still a nice type for salad to rich the list of salad for health.
The fact that there are the studies related to health and disease prevention concluded cancer fighting should not be dismissed vegetable and fruit. Or there are advises that we should make our meals to be greener for health and disease prevention especially cancers.
That is the reason why, the salad in types such as iceberg lettuce salad with orange sauce should be consumed regularly because of the rich and high valued nutritive source that they can give.
Prepared time: 15 minutes
Serve: 2 servings
- 120 g tomato, sliced
- 160 g iceberg lettuce, cut into 5-6 cm pieces
- 50 g onion, sliced
- 50 g celery, cut into 5-6 cm pieces
- ½ teaspoon garlic chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil ( or sunflower oil)
- 1-2 spoons of orange sauce ( orange sauce recipe for your reference is here)
- Heat a large non stick pan, fry the garlic. Add onion and celery in to the pan and fry together for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the cooker. Keep the pan on the cooker, add tomato, mix with the onion and celery.
- Continuously add the iceberg lettuce and mix it with other.
- Take the pan out off the cooker. Add orange sauce and taste if it suits your flavor.