Hello, welcome back to Healthn and today we will discuss about Emergency Kit and Disaster Plan before and after an earthquake becauseu it’s so important to be prepared for an earthquake no matter where you live. Even areas on the eastern seaboard can experience destructive quakes.
- 72 hour emergency kit canada – Important Emergency Survival Kit
- [Hot News] 1 Person – 72 Hours Surviva
Before an Earthquake
Check whether the ground around you is more susceptible to the effects of an earthquake. You should also be aware of seismic hazards. These hazards are secondary dangers that could be triggered by an earthquake.
Earthquake emergency preparedness can help reduce anxiety and minimize injury. Teach your family members the cover strategy discussed further down in this article.
Your emergency kit should include:
- First aid supplies
- Camping supplies (battery-powered lantern, etc.)
- Extra batteries
During an Earthquake
Take cover in a safe place. Take these three steps when you feel the ground shake.
- Drop. Get down on your hands and knees. This can help keep you from being knocked over or losing your balance. It can also help protect your vital organs.
- Cover. Place your hand on the back of your head and neck. Crawl to shelter such as a table or desk. If there is no shelter nearby, crawl against a wall, but avoid windows.
- Hold on. If you’re under shelter, hold on to it with one hand. Keep your other hand on the back of your head and neck. If you do not have shelter, stay on your knees and elbows and cover the back of your head and neck with both hands.
Do not go outside until after the shaking stops. Stay under cover, or in place with your hands over your head and neck.
After an Earthquake
Check your gas lines:
Make sure there are no leaks. If you smell gas leaking, turn it off if possible, and call the gas company. Do not use an open flame in your house until you are sure it is safe. Wait for the gas company to turn the gas back on.
Check damaged documents
If case your insurance policy covers earthquake damage, be sure to take photos or video of the damage to use during your insurance claim process.
You may have broken glass or spilled chemicals on the floor of your house as a result of the earthquake. Don’t walk around barefoot until you’re sure the floor is clean and safe.
Disaster can happen at anytime, therefore we should also include an earthquake kits vancouver as soon as possible. We hope that this post would be useful for people who are living in earthquake area. Thanks for your post watching and wish you good luck !
Read more useful posts:
- Survival Home Kit– Some important points ?